Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fit Me! Matte+Poreless Foundation | Review


Hey everyone!  As you can tell from the title, this is a review for Maybelline's new Fit Me foundation for a matte+poreless finish.  This was initially a first impression post, but I felt like I needed more time to test out this product!  I've been testing this out for a week to get a good feel of it.  Read on to see my full review!


Details
Maybelline Fit Me foundation
Matte+Poreless
Normal to oily skin
12 shades available
$7.99 (at Ulta)
My shade - 310 Sun Beige
Claims: "Mattifies and refines pores, matches natural skin tone, natural, seamless finish"










Packaging
The foundation is packaged in a nice glass bottle, and I really love the pop of blue writing.  The only thing that I don't like about the packaging is that there is no pump.  You have to be really careful that you don't pour too much out and that your hands and fingers are clean before you use it.

Application
The website recommends that you apply and blend with your fingers.  I personally don't like to apply foundation with my fingers, so I use an E.L.F. flat top brush.  I pour about a dime size amount on the back of my hand, and the consistency is like a thick liquid.  I use my finger to dot the foundation all over my face, and then I stipple the foundation on and blend it out with my flat top brush.   Application is really easy, and it blends out nice and evenly.  The color matches perfectly with my skin tone!

Coverage
Coverage is really good for me.  One dime sized amount is enough to even out my skin tone.  With one coat I could still see my skin underneath.  You could definitely build it up.  I personally like having a light to medium coverage, so I never really use more than one coat.  As for the poreless finish it claims to have, I think it does give a nice poreless look.

Setting
This foundation does set pretty fast.  As soon as I finish blending in the foundation, it doesn't feel sticky and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face.  My face feels like that smooth and matte finish, and it looks very natural.  What I really love about the way this sets is that it's a very natural matte finish.  I guess you could say it's a satin matte.  My face doesn't look flat like some matte foundations tend to do.  Even after setting the foundation with powder, there's still glow and dimension to my face.

Results
I have very oily skin so I don't expect my face to stay matte the whole day, and it doesn't.  BUT it does stay matte for a good amount of time.  If I blot my face to get rid of any oil, my face still has that smooth texture.  I can definitely tell that this foundation does control oil.  Even though my face can get a little oily, the foundation still lasts all day.  It doesn't move, fade, or slip off.  My bronzer and blush lasts, which is a good sign of a long lasting foundation.


































Final Thoughts
I really like this foundation!  If you've been following my blog, you probably know that I was never a foundation wearer.  Several months back I finally found one that I liked, the CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous (see my first impression here).  The Fit Me is very similar to it.  I still don't know if I like one more than the other, but I can say that I would wear the Fit Me when I need more coverage or for a night out.  If you have normal to oily skin, I think this is a great foundation to try out!  I give it two thumbs up!

Have you tried out the Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation?  Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I might need to pick this up! I have a hard time finding a foundation that doesn't leave my skin oily! I've tried their normal FitMe foundation, and I like it, but it does leave me a bit oily... Thanks for the review!

    -Lisa
    everydayelevated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Fit Me is now marketed for a smooth and dewy look now I believe! So this one might definitely work out for you if you have oily skin :)

      Delete
  2. The original fit me foundation, i did not get along with! But this one sounds lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a natural matte finish! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I don't think we have this in UK, I would definitely try it out myself! Great post xx

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...