Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Hair Crisis! | Hot Tools Flat Iron Review


Hey everyone! Sooo I had a hair crisis over the holidays.  My flat iron decided to stop working while I was getting ready on Christmas Eve, which left me trying to straighten my hair with a hair dryer and brush!  The day after Christmas I went out shopping, and my number one priority was to go to Ulta and pick up a new straightener.  I picked up a new Hot Tools flat iron.  I wanted to do something new on my blog and give you all a first impression/review of a hair tool.  So keep reading if you want to see how it turned out!



My previous straightener was also from Hot Tools, and it was the NanoCeramic Flat Iron (also from Ulta).  I loved this straightener so much!  I had it for a good 3-4 years, so I was bummed when it started acting up and eventually breaking on me.  I knew that I wanted to get another Hot Tools iron because they work amazingly, and they are pretty affordable.  I went to Ulta hoping to find the same one, but they didn't have any.  Instead, I picked this one up.  I've had a couple of weeks to use and test it out, so here are my thoughts...

Flat Iron Details
Hot Tools
1 Inch Digital Salon Flat Iron - CeramicTi Tourmaline
Auto shut-off
Dual voltage
High heats up to 440 degrees
Pulse technology (gets hot, stays hot)
$49.99 at Ulta







Pros
I like the look of it.  The all black and purple plates give it a sleek look that I love.  It's not heavy and I can hold it well in my hand.  I read reviews that the placement of the buttons cause people to accidentally turn it off, but I haven't had that problem.  It gets hot fast, and it goes up to 440 degrees fahrenheit.  The high heat makes my straightening time go by a lot faster.  I also really like the 8 foot swivel cord.

Cons
I wish that this iron had the curved edges that allow for you to also curl your hair.  The straightener doesn't run as smoothly through my hair as my last one.  It doesn't pull on my hair, but it doesn't glide as well as I hoped it would.  It also has a scent when it's on.  It doesn't smell like burnt hair, but it smells like a hot hair tool (if that makes any sense).

Results
This straightener allows for fast styling.  My hair looks smooth and shiny after I use it.  It doesn't leave my hair smelling burnt.  Since it is winter and there isn't much humidity, I can't say how well my hair holds up in humid weather, but so far it's been doing great.

Final Thoughts
I like the straightener and I think it works great, but I do think the price is a little too high.  If you're an Ulta member, take advantage of the coupons you get so you can get a little bit of cash shaved off the price.  If it glided through my hair smoother, I would give it a 10 out of 10.  However, it beats a $100 and up flat iron that probably works just as well as this one.  If you're on a budget, but you still want a high quality straightener, this will be good for you.

I hope this helps any of you on the hunt for a flat iron.  A well-working flat iron is so crucial to my hair routine, and I'm sure there are many of you who are the same, so I wanted to get this up for you guys!  If you have this straightener, tell me your experience with it!  Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy it helped you :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great, shame they don't sell then in the UK!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? Well you guys get a lot of amazing things the US doesn't, so I know how you feel! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Hot Tools sounds like a good brand - I've heard great things about their curling wands :)
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Hot Tools curling wand is next on my list :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I've always been a GHD gal but mine are definitely on the way out, I would definitely consider Hot Tools after reading this, sounds like they leave your hair looking really healthy!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried GHD but I've heard good things about it! And this one definitely leaves my hair looking and feeling for healthy! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Great review I've never even considered anything but GHD but maybe I should.. xx

    Suki and the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great affordable option! If you ever try it out, I'd love to hear how it goes :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...