Friday, May 22, 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational | Review

Hey everyone!  Sorry for the big gap in between posts, but I'm back with a review!  I picked up Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara.  I don't think this product is brand new, but I think it's one of the newer mascara's Maybelline has put out.  What sold me on this is that it's supposed to give a "full fan effect," which is something I love to have on my lashes.  Read more for my experience with this mascara!






Details
Maybelline Lash Sensational (I got waterproof)
Price range $6.74-$8.99

Just a little info about my lashes...They only have a slight curl to them, but with waterproof mascara they do hold curl pretty well.  They're not very long, especially my outer lashes.

The unique thing about this mascara is the brush.  It has both a short and long bristle side.  The short side curves in and the longer bristles fan out.  The directions say to use the inner curve to reach the roots of the lashes and the longer bristles are for fanning out your lashes.

The first time I used the mascara I followed those directions and my lashes did not look very good. They got clumpy, and it was hard to separate the lashes with the longer bristles.  After a few more times using it, it did the same thing.  I think the inner curved side applies too much product to the root of your lashes, which makes them a little clumpy and hard to work with.  I also saw no fan effect to my lashes.

There are a couple good things about this mascara.  I liked how black the mascara was.  I've noticed that some waterproof mascaras don't come out as black as I would like.  It also held the curl very well.

I won't completely give this mascara a thumbs down because I do think it would work well for those who have long lashes already.  I've seen some reviews of girls with long beautiful lashes use this and love it.  Maybe over more time this mascara could work out for me, but for now I'll stick to my holy grail Cover Girl 24 hour mascara.

Have you tried this mascara?  How did it work for you?  Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. I really want to try this mascara although I'm not a fan of clumpy lashes. Great review

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could work for your lashes! Just wasn't meant for mine :( Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review !!.. I use the miss sporty mascara and it really works for me :)

    Hope you have a wonderful day !!

    My Summer LookBook --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXUakyMUYs

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've never heard of that one. I'll look into it! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Nice review, I have never tried this mascara. Thanks to your review I am thinking twice as I have short lashes as well

    Nashia
    MakeupandBeautyMayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would have worked for me :( it could for you...you never know! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Que maximo amei essa mascara
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought this mascara and I completely agree with you!
    It's definitely clumpy and I keep touching off my eye lid whilst I'm applying it!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it worked for me because I love the concept :( Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. i've heard good things about this but i'm not sure if it would be great for me! i can't give up my better than sex mascara by too faced haha :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely wasn't a match for my lashes. I haven't tried the Better Than Sex mascara, but I've been dying to! Everyone raves about it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I've never tried this but some people say that the original version is much better than the waterproof one! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be! I always go for waterproof because it holds curl the best on my lashes, but I might try out the original too! Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...