Wednesday, July 1, 2015

NYX Micro Brow Pencil Review | Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe?

Hey everyone!  One of the most important things I've learned throughout learning and experimenting with my makeup is that your eyebrows are so important to your final look.  I love finding new brow products, but I also know that the best brow products can be really pricey.  If you're like me, then you LOVE and LIVE for the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but the price of it gives you a bit of anxiety.   A couple months ago I started hearing a lot about the NYX Micro Brow pencil.  I picked it up and I've been using this for a good month or so to give you all a review on it.  To see my thoughts on it, just keep reading!


Details
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
$9.99 regular price
On sale for $5.99 at Ulta now!




When I first saw the packaging, I immediately thought of the Anastasia Brow Wiz.  It's extremely thin and retractable, which makes for very precise application.  It has a spooly brush on the other end to blend the product in.  That was a big plus for me because I always forget to pack one with me whenever I travel.  It applies really easy, but it still has enough of a waxy formula to last all day long.  It's also easy to blend in with the spooly, which is really important to me because it makes the brows look really natural.

I think this product is very comparable to the Anastasia Brow Wiz and could be considered a dupe for it.  I picked up the color "Espresso."  In the Brow Wiz I use "Dark Brown."  The colors are very similar, but the NYX one has more warmth to it.  As far as consistency, the Brow Wiz is more waxy.  I prefer a waxier formula because it lasts longer and think it can look more natural depending on how you apply it.

I really love this product!  It is by far the best drugstore brow pencil I have ever tried.  If you're looking for an affordable brow pencil, I highly recommend this one.  Or if you love the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but you want something less expensive to wear on an everyday basis, this is the one for you.

Have you tried the NYX Micro Brow Pencil?  What other brow products do you recommend?  Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

  1. Oh this looks great! I love eyebrow pencils that come with a spoolie! I've never tried the Anastasia Brow Wiz but love Nyx so will definitely give it a go if I can find it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A spooly is crucial for me and my brows! Definitely give this one a try. I think you'd like it! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I really need to try some products from NYX! This sounds like such a good product and I love how it has a spoolie on the end

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX is awesome! Really affordable too! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! Hope you love it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to keep an eye out for this, looks really good! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds amazing, i love eye brow pencils I might try this one thanks for sharing:)

    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I've been on the hunt for a new brow pencil!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This one is great! Hope you try it out :)

      Delete
  7. You're so right eyebrows do finish a look. I need an eyebrow pencil and this sounds like a good dupe, I like the little brush
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. This looks like a great product - and affordable too!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...