Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Unshrinking

So the other day I found one of my dresses had shrunk in the washer! It was the dress I featured in my Memorial Day Weekend Haul, and it's made of 100% viscose (also called rayon).  I only wore it once so I was pretty bummed that it had shortened.  I did a little research and found a solution! I've got my dress back to normal now.  Here's how I did it...

  • I got a big bowl and filled it with water.
  • Add a couple squeezes of baby shampoo (I had some around because I use it to clean my makeup brushes). Give it a stir.
  • I put my dress into the bowl and let it soak for about 5-10 minutes.

  • I took the dress out and squeezed most of the water out, and then I laid it down on a towel, patted it dry a little more, and stretched it out.
  • I put it on a hanger to finish drying and stretched it out every now and then.
That's how I saved my dress! I'm not sure if it works on other types fabrics, but if this ever happens to you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...