Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Favorites

Does anyone else feel like June went by way faster than May?!

Anyway, it's July!  So that means it's time for some June favorites.  I don't have many this month since I haven't tried many new things out, but I do have a few that I want to talk about. So here we go...

Beauty

This month I've been using that same lipstick literally every time I do my makeup.  It is a Revlon creme lipstick in the color Blushing Nude.  I know it's Summer and people tend to lean towards more bright and light colors, but I keep reaching for this one.  It reminds me of the lip color that Kylie Jenner has been seen in a lot, but her lip color looks more matte.  This one is a creme so it has a bit more shine, but if you're looking for a similar nude like the one she's been wearing a lot that's affordable, I recommend this one.



This month I rediscovered a blush that I stopped using months ago, and it is Maybelline's Dream Bouncy blush in 'Coffee Cake.'  I've been loving this blush because it works as a blush and highlight, which is great because it's so hot that I try to use as little products as I can.  This blush is a creme, and I used to use a brush to apply it, but lately I've just been blending it into my skin with my fingers and I love the effect it gives.



I've neglected my Urban Decay Naked palette for a while now, but this month I decided to use one color and I fell in love with it all over again.  I started using 'Buck' as a crease/blending color again.  I've forgotten how perfect this color is.  With my skin tone, it looks very natural but it can still transform an eye look instantly!



Fashion

My fashion favorite this month has definitely been maxi skirts and dresses.  I love them because they save me the trouble of figuring out a whole outfit to wear.  One of my favorite maxi dresses is featured in my last blog post. They're also very comfortable!

Random

This month I have a YouTuber favorite.  I have been OBSESSED with Joe Sugg's channel...ThatcherJoe.  If you haven't checked out his channel, do it now!  I laugh hysterically at all his videos, and this month he launched a gaming channel, ThatcherJoeGames.  If you were obsessed with playing Sims when you were younger like I was, definitely watch him play.

Another random favorite this month is a band.  This month I've been listening to The Vamps.  If you've never heard of them, they are a band from the UK.  I clicked on their video for 'Wild Heart' while I was on YouTube, and after watching it I got hooked.  This month 'Somebody to You' has been a favorite, and the single version and music video features Demi Lovato!

BTW...how cute is the lead singer, Brad?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...