Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Organization Tip | Reusing Candle Jars

A few weeks ago I was cleaning my dresser and makeup storage, and I needed something to store a few things better.  I saw that I had some candle jars that were just sitting around, and that made me think of past videos I've seen of people recycling those jars.  Now I use them to store a few things on my dresser.  All my candles are from Bath and Body Works.  I love them because the lid designs are so pretty! There are so many ways you could use these jars, and it's a great way to same some money!

Here are a few ways I used them...


Since these mason jar candles are longer, I like to use these for some of my makeup brushes.  


Lipsticks fit perfectly in these candle jars!  I also like that they are easy to grab and this also makes it easier to see the names of the lipsticks because of the glass.


I have tons of hair ties, and candle jars a great way to store them.  I love that I can see all the designs as well.

If you've never cleaned out a candle jar, click "read more" below to see how I did it.




Pop your candle in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  Carve along the edge of the wax, and then cut across the wax in different directions.  You'll see that you'll be able to pop out chunks of the wax.


Then you can slide your knife under the wicks.  Peel of the labels.  The bottom label comes of easier if you run it under hot water.


Then wash out your jar.  Using a rough brush will help get it really clean.  You're done!





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tip! Have a lot of candle jars which could be transformed in smth more useful! :)

    www.thefashioncuisine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They've been a life saver for me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...